Attractions in Phu Quoc Island
Things to Do and What to See in the largest island of Vietnam
Phu Quoc Island Vietnam is a tropical island located in the Gulf of Thailand. Phu Quoc islands and beaches, in 2008, was elected “The world most beautiful and cleanest beach” by ABC News. Red-soil roads, whispering waves, blue sea and lush forests make Phu Quoc a relaxation heaven in Vietnam.
Despite vicissitudes of life, Phu Quoc is peacefully nestled beneath lines of towering coconut trees. Phu Quoc Travel gives tourists unique experience that can not be mixed with other beaches. Here comes some informationa about Things to Do and What to See in this beautiful island.
What to See in Phu Quoc Island
Among various Phu Quoc Tours, discovery trips in the North part of this island interest lots of travelers. The north part of Phu Quoc Island is bestowed with dense primary forests, rich flora and fauna system and numerous beautiful beaches hidden behind the forests.
- Trung Tuong Pepper Garden: Pepper is known as a specialty of Phu Quoc. Stepping into the pepper garden, you will be surprised by lines of towering pepper trees. Phu Quoc pepper is very fragrant and fat, and is believed to have no rival.
- Ganh Dau Cape: Standing in Ganh Dau Cape, you can see the marine border between Vietnam and Cambodia, and admire peaceful life of local fishermen. The cape keeps a hidden charm with endless blue sea, undulating rocky rapids and singing voice of local fishermen, creating a lively yet static picture.
- Ganh Dau Ecological Reserve: known as the green lung of Phu Quoc Island, Ganh Dau Ecological Reserve possesses abundant flora and fauna system. Release your soul into the wild nature and listen to the giggle of insects, birds and animals from deep jungle. So exciting!
- Nguyen Trung Truc Temple: Learn about the victories against French evaders of Vietnamese hero Nguyen Trung Truc as well as glorious history of Vietnam.
- Long Beach: Blessed with silky white sandy stretch and endless blue sea, Long Beach Phuquoc is voted by BBC as one out of ten most pristine beautiful beaches in the world.
- Fish sauce factories: Phu Quoc fish sauce is among most famous fish sauce brands in Vietnam. Fish sauce here is made from freshest sea fish with high protein content. Every drop of sauce awakes taste of ever-demanding gourmet. Visiting a fish sauce factory in Phu Quoc, you can learn the process of producing this specialty as well as buying this as gifts for your relatives and friends.
The South part of Phu Quoc Island consists of lowland and secondary forests and is home to the island's population. Some charming beaches here are Bai Truong Beach, Bai Sao Beach and Bai Khem Beach.
- Phu Quoc Museum and traditional houses are popular destinations for guests going on Phu Quoc Tours.
- Pearl Farm: learn about the process of culturing a pearl from oyster and buy some pearls as souvenirs for the trip. Phu Quoc pearls are said to be the best in the country. According to the pearl specialists, Phu Quoc pearl is ranked the world’s best kind.
- Phu Quoc Prison: There exists a living evidence for the war crime of American imperialism. There are plenty of exhibits here. Some torture tools that were used in the past on prisoners are still preserved.
- Sao Beach: Let’s soak in cool water of the blue sea and white sand. Sao Beach is considered the most beautiful beach according to the locals.
- Suoi Tranh Stream: Explore the ecological system of primary forest and enjoy cool stream water falling down from Ham Ninh mountain.
- Ham Ninh Fishing Village: Located on the eastern coast of Phu Quoc island, mountain in the back, facing the immense sea, Ham Ninh fishing village is renowned for its breathtaking natural scenery and peaceful daily life of local fishermen.
What to Do in Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island with its pristine beaches makes ideal ground for beach games and team building activities.
- Snorkerling: Phu Quoc sea is very clear and clean with smooth waves. These are favorable conditions for coral diving. Coral reefs in Phu Quoc is very rich and diverse, and of vibrant colors. You can rent scuba gear at nearby resorts or at the rental shop on the island.
- Fishing and exploring deserted island: This is first choice for those who are keen on exploring nature and enjoying a full day of traveling on the sea. Fishing, coral diving and exploring uninhabited islands are exciting thingd to do in An Thoi archipelago, Phuquoc.
- Night Squid Fishing: When the night falls down, the whole island of Phu Quoc becomes quiet, but far over the sea, local fishermen still busy squid fishing. Night fishing is fun. You can sit on the deck watching the sea at night and enjoy thrill feeling when catching up a squid. The cost of squid fishing trip is VND 250,000/person. If you wish to hire a private boat, rental cost may reach VND 2,000,000/ boat.
- Shopping at Dinh Cau Night Market: Dinh Cau night market is one of the busiest areas in Phu Quoc. Dinh Cau Night Market offers a wide range of fresh seafood and souvenir stall. Seafood processing service is also available here, which is the reason why Dinh Cau night market is also considered as a food paradise of Phu Quoc.
- Team buiding activities: campfire, tugging and sleeping on the beach in your tourist tents, etc.